Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Time to Repair the Roof is When the Sun is Shining – jfk

The sun did shine and the roof is finished.  The transformation took four days including installation of gutters.  My husband is very happy with his new roof and gutters.  He reminds me that the new roof is a good thing.


I have picked up nails, cigarette butts, garbage and little pieces of metal.  I am not as thrilled as he.  I understand everything except the cigarette butts.  If you are working at non-smokers’ house and they are paying you, either do not smoke or use a can.  Considering that is my only complaint, the new roof is an excellent replacement.  Our township considered the new roof a retrofit since there was no removal and as such we did not need a permit. That was another added bonus.
 
Everyday there was about half dozen men working on the roof.  Anytime someone drove by my house they would tell me that the men were hard at work.  What an excellent feeling to know we were able to go to work, trust that the work was getting done and our home was safe. 
 
We had three (3) mishaps.  The first thing I noticed on my white house was the green end cap was not even so the white of the house stuck out like a sore thumb and one of the capscrew  had been too tight which kinked the cap.  My husband spotted a scratch on the metal roof outside the dormer window.  Lastly, the gutter above the entrance looked used; it had several scratches and a ding in it.  The three mishaps were not terrible just bothersome.
Maybe one of the panels got scratched while it was in the lawn.
My husband called Dave; he explained about the scratch, the uneven cap spacing, the gutter ding and the scratches needing touch up paint.  Somehow he neglected the kink, much to my disappointment.  So at the end of my work day I came home to the repair of the scratch on the roof, the spacing on the end caps on both sides of the house was fixed, even the kink was removed and instead of leaving touch up paint for the gutter or repairing it, he replaced it. 
My husband and I are not detail people.  We are a bit laid back, on some matters.  We did see that the three obvious items needed addressing, we did not expect replacement of the items just repairs. Our house was built in the 1920's, we expect imperfection to maintian its character.  Having someone hear and address your “complaints” without any push back and go beyond is excellent service. 
The new gutters are not yet installed in this picture.
Overall, First Choice Roofing is an excellent choice. 

2 comments:

  1. “Having someone hear and address your “complaints” without any push back and go beyond is excellent service.”— I totally agree. It's good to hear that you had your roof done. It would only address more roof issues if your top was left exposed. Excellent service in roofing doesn't end with completing the task perfectly; it should also incorporate the roofer's concern about one's home, like taking every project as if it's their own.

    #Adolfo@PrestoRoofs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adolfo, I agree with you. I do want someone working on my house or my car to think of it as their own. We are so fortunate in NEPA to have wonderful workers taking pride in what they do. Thank you for reading. We enjoyed your comments.

      Delete