Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I Will Defend Your Right

I am watching every debate the presidential candidates have.  I watch the review and scoring the truth of their statements.  I watch Morning Joe and Good Morning America for the morning after reviews.  I am just this side of obsessed with the Presidential Election.
The process fascinates me.  The amount of spending on the campaigning flabbergasts me.  The untiring dedication that it takes to travel across the United States meeting people, discussing issues impress me.  The passion that each candidate has for our country and his plan to right the USA astounds me. 
While I may not agree with their behavior or their beliefs, I respect the energy and commitment each has.  Voltaire said it best (paraphrasing) I may not agree with what you say but I will defend your right to say it.  Of course, I am not running for election to the highest office in the United States nor am I standing toe to toe in a debate on television.  I can be more objective in my opinion since I have nothing at stake.
Therefore, I will watch the last debate and the subsequent reviews.  On November 6, 2012 I will step up to the voting machine and cast my vote.  May God bless the newly elected president (to be determined) and us all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment