Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I am learning all the time, the tombstone will be my diploma – Eartha Kitt

Every day is a new exploration.  I have enjoyed learning since kindergarten.  It changes me to learn something new and I like it. I am always changing my mind, the placement of my furniture, much to my husband’s amusement, my ambitions and lastly my goals.  I seek the education that enables me to explore.

This past week I attended two seminars: one was occupational and one was interpersonal.  Sparks, a group of mutual insurance companies that provides insurance educational on current matters, presented the occupational seminar.  I learned that many companies are purchasing Advertising Liability coverage for any adverse comments their employees may make on the company or their personal Facebook page.  Parents are adding Personal Injury coverage to their homeowner insurance policy for their children’s comments on Facebook.  I already have the coverage on my umbrella policy; do you have coverage for any insulting comments made on Facebook? 



The interpersonal seminar involved learning new communication skills.  The seminar was wonderful.  While I know the four styles of communication: relater, director, socialize and analyzer, I did not know the fears or weakness and the strengths of each style.  I also learned about our new group of workers coming into the labor force, the primaries, those children that only know life after 911.  How will employers react to this new group of employees?

Kannapolis Elementary | The Kannapolis Citizen & Researcher

There were many excellent tips about communication.  One of my favorite describes introverts and extroverts.  When introverts need to restore their energy and creative juices they need quite time.  Introverts are more likely to be runners that do not enter races, practice yoga alone and prefer quite restful vacations.  Extroverts are busy, busy ,busy people.  Extroverts are joiners, other people energizer them.  If introverts do not have down time, they will feel drained and tired.  Extroverts that do not have people around them will be unable to feel energized and will feel tired and un-energized.  This explains my husband and me: he is an introvert and I an extrovert. 

                vs          

I am off to another seminar this week for additional communication skills.  Each day is a chance to learn something new.  If I do not I may meet a new friend.  I agree with Eartha Kitt; I plan to learn my whole life long. 


Global Education
If you would like to discuss insurance coverage for libelous comments made on Facebook, please give us a call.  If you would like additional information on communication seminars, please visit www.nationalseminarstraining.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment